Although this contest is a little off topic from my usual pregnancy, birth and newborn posts, I thought it was a great opportunity to share with those of you who are local readers. I’ve always believed summer camps to be such a great way to boost kids’ social and team-building skills, get them out enjoying physical activities, and create lifelong friendships. And MomsTeam, an online youth sports information gateway for parents, is offering a chance to win a free week (a $525 value) at the new Boston Red Sox Summer Camp!
For the first time ever, the Sox are offering week-long camp sessions in the greater Boston area this summer. Campers will get a “Major League” experience, including:
- Meeting a current Red Sox player during weeks when the team is playing at Fenway.
- Autographed photo of a Red Sox player.
- Exclusive all-access VIP tour of Fenway Park, including access to the field and dugouts.
- Option to participate in Camper Family Reunion Night at Fenway Park during the 2011 season, when campers experience the thrill of being recognized on the field prior to the game.
- Official Boston Red Sox uniform, including jersey, socks, pants and a baseball cap
- Team picture in front of the Green Monster
- Professional instruction and fun camp games including home run derby and Baseball Olympics
- Exclusive player scouting report (evaluation) from our professional coaching staff
This is a new initiative for the Red Sox to actively reach out to kids under the age of 13. They are particularly excited about this initiative because they feel this is a unique platform enabling them to help teach teamwork, good sportsmanship, and importance of effort over results through these camps – important lessons that are too often missing from the current youth sports culture.
Any boy or girl ages 5-13 is eligible and the camp is open to all skills levels, from beginners to all-stars. Camps are being offered in Belmont, Brookline, Southborough, Newton and Cambridge Massachusetts.
- “Like” MomsTeam on Facebook
- “Follow” MomsTeam on Twitter
- “Retweet” our Contest on Twitter at least one time
- Sign up for the MomsTeam newsletter (up right hand corner of home page at www.momsteam.com)
- After completing steps 1 through 4, send an email to email@example.com, identifying the camp you wish to have your child attend. Make sure that the subject line reads: “RED SOX CAMP CONTEST.” Please note that MomsTeam will not share your e-mail information.
The winner will be drawn randomly on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM EST and announced at 6:00 PM EST.
Parents can find locations, dates, and enroll their children at: http://redsoxcamps.com/locations/locations-dates.asp.