Newborn & Postpartum Support Visits (Daytime)
Whether you’re recovering physically from a c-section, have newborn-related questions or simply need extra emotional support, we’ll match you up with one of our compassionate, professional nurses to assist you in any postpartum care you require. For more information give Boston Baby Nurse and Nanny a call today.
What to Expect from Your Daytime Newborn Care Expert
- Strict adherence to AAP safety guidelines
- Assistance with newborn care (diapering, bathing, circ care)
- Breastfeeding support
- Bottle feeding and preparation
- Maintain a thorough log of eating, sleeping and behavioral patterns
- Promotes healthy sleep/nap habits
- Stimulates infant development
- Practices tummy time and other age appropriate activities
- Provides skilled and proven soothing techniques
- Troubleshoots potential issues of concern: reflux, colic
- Accompanies parents on outings/ doctor visits
- Organizes and tidies nursery
- Completes baby related chores / laundry
- Be as helpful as possible/support parents
For more information or to schedule your Newborn Care Expert contact Boston Baby Nurse & Nanny today.
Carole came to our house 2 weeks after we had our daughter – she showed us the best way to bathe the baby, swaddling techniques, soothing ideas, breastfeeding tips, etc. It was basically a Newborn 101 and even though we had taken classes at the hospital, having someone in your house makes a world of a difference. If you are a new parent and want a professional to come to your house and answer your questions, give you tips, make you feel more comfortable with a baby Boston Baby Nurse is the service to call. I can’t say enough about it!
Shelley was also great with me when I was sleep deprived, hormonal, in pain, and incredibly stressed out and worried–she was always super calm and supportive and continually assured me that most new moms (and most moms who’ve just given birth) are exactly the same way. And then, of course, she’d encourage me to go get some sleep. She was a godsend to me and my children–helping us all get sleep and to be such a calming and loving presence that I really would just install her forever if I could.
I wanted to share how wonderful my experience was with both Bernie Dunphy and Louise Ryan, two of the baby nurses Carole provided me with. They were not only extremely competent, patient and loving with my baby, they were kind, gentle and
compassionate to me. I was quite emotional one night and Bernie took the time to listen to and soothe me. I was nervous to leave my newborn with a stranger overnight, but after the first 5 minutes of talking with them, I truly trusted them. I would recommend them to anyone.