Make Valentine’s Day cards with the kids that look like little love bugs! Family members will love receiving them in the mail and kids will enjoy making them too! You can also make this on Valentine’s Day to celebrate the holiday and have fun getting messy.
Materials Needed To Make Valentine’s Day Cards:
- Washable paint
- Googly eyes
- Mini pompoms and/or Buttons
- Six hearts per a child, cut out ahead of time (3 different sizes layered inside of each other)
- Have your child pick a color to paint their hand with the washable paint. Then have them press it down, with their fingers at the bottom of the page (have the paper turned horizontally).
- Now have your child paint a head attached to the palm of their hand (their hand should be upside down on the page). If your child is under two you could have a circle cut out for them to glue on as the head.
- Ask where the two eyes go on the head and have them glue the googly eyes on.
- Next you need some heart wings. Offer them the two big hearts first and ask them to glue the hearts on the sides of their handprint as wings. If the kids don’t know where the wings go, ask where the arms would be based on the location of the head (point to it). Have the kids layer the two smaller hearts on top of the big heart wings. Without knowing it you have been teaching spatial concepts with directional words, such as on the side and on top; continue that by asking your child to glue the smaller hearts inside of the big hearts.
- Draw two antennas off the top of the head and have your child pick two mini pompoms or buttons to glue on the end of the antennas.
- When the paint is dry draw a smiley on the face.
- On the inside have the kids draw or write a note and add, “Happy Valentine’s Day Love Bug!”
Have your kids make Valentine’s Day cards for the whole family. Can they help address the envelopes as well? Grandma and Grandpa will love their unique, homemade cards.
Boston Baby Nurse & Nanny Services
Night wakings can be exhausting for parents and lack of sleep can leave parents feeling scattered and foggy. An overnight newborn care expert provides care so sleep deprived parents can get a good night of sleep. Your baby needs sleep and so do you.
Your Newborn Care Expert will care for your infant and create a stimulating environment that will help foster your baby’s development.
Our trained professionals can teach you how to best care for your baby. Many parents have questions about how to bathe their babies, how to swaddle, or a host of other questions. We also offer a variety of breastfeeding support and lactation services designed to help support and maximize your breastfeeding experience.
One in four children under the age of five has a sleep issue. Most children’s sleep issues are behavioral and not medical. If your child is struggling with sleep issues, you are not alone!
The care of your children is our highest priority. Connecting families with warm, responsible, and trustworthy caregivers is what we do best. Our team will meet with your family, identify qualified caregivers, and hand-select the best candidates for you to meet with.