Make this fun Valentine’s Day craft to give the kids something unique that isn’t candy on Valentine’s Day this year. On February 14th, have the supplies ready to make with the kids as this year’s Valentine’s Day craft. You will have already practiced and it only takes an hour, at most, to make. Let’s get started!
Materials Needed For The Valentine’s Day Craft:
Heart Shaped Crayon Directions:
- Pick out two crayons to mix together for each heart mold. Peel the paper off of the crayons you chose.
- This is great fine motor practice for children.
- If the children want to try some with more than two colors, let them experiment.
- Cut or break the crayons into six pieces. If you need a knife, be sure to do this away form the children if they are working at the counter as well.
- Place the crayons into the molds.
- You can try different patterns when placing the crayons into the mold. I alternated colors as I dropped every other crayon piece in.
- Put the silicone heart mold on a tinfoil lined baking sheet. Put it in the oven at 250 for 15 minutes.
- Encourage children to make a hypothesis. They can even draw their predictions while they wait for the 15 minute timer.
- Ask the children what they think will happen to the crayons. What will happen to the different colors you put in the heart molds?
- Let the heart crayons cool for 20 minutes before popping them out.
- If you are gifting the Valentine’s Day craft, bag them with a cute label as pictured below, “Color Your Heart Out!”
- Let the kids jump right in and use their new crayons. Can they color a valentine card for a friend or family member?
Let the kids experiment with the Valentine’s Day craft. Tell them that when scientists experiment, they make hypotheses and record their results. Print out this free scientific method worksheet for kids to draw and write in. Enjoy making these heart shaped crayons and have a fun Valentine’s Day with your family.
Boston Baby Nurse & Nanny Services
Night wakings can be exhausting for parents and lack of sleep can leave parents feeling scattered and foggy. An overnight newborn care expert provides care so sleep deprived parents can get a good night of sleep. Your baby needs sleep and so do you.
Your Newborn Care Expert will care for your infant and create a stimulating environment that will help foster your baby’s development.
Our trained professionals can teach you how to best care for your baby. Many parents have questions about how to bathe their babies, how to swaddle, or a host of other questions. We also offer a variety of breastfeeding support and lactation services designed to help support and maximize your breastfeeding experience.
One in four children under the age of five has a sleep issue. Most children’s sleep issues are behavioral and not medical. If your child is struggling with sleep issues, you are not alone!
The care of your children is our highest priority. Connecting families with warm, responsible, and trustworthy caregivers is what we do best. Our team will meet with your family, identify qualified caregivers, and hand-select the best candidates for you to meet with.